Statistics show that cheating is more prevalent today than ever before. With the availability of the internet, it has become very easy to have an online affair. Recent studies reveal that 45-55% of married women and 50-60% of married men engage in extramarital sex at some time or another during their relationship. Do these infidelity statistics seem a bit startling?
One in five married women has had a fling — the highest numbers ever recorded, according to one group of researchers. In fact, the numbers of cheating wives now equals the statistics on cheating husbands, according to a study by Tom W. Smith with the National Opinion Research Center.
Signs of a Cheating Spouse
There are many signs of a cheating husband or wife, and most of them are the same for women and men. Here are some ways to tell if your spouse if having an affair. Note that many of these could also be a sign of something else. Below is just a few of the signs.
They lose interest in sexual intercourse. You stop having sex, or have sex less often.
Their sexual behavior or interest changes, e.g. they want to try new positions or ask new questions.
Sex does not feel intimate anymore. They might actually be feeling guilty about cheating on their lover when they have sex with you.
Sex does not last as long. They may become tired more easily. Men might ejaculate more quickly, or have trouble getting or keeping an erection. Women might fake an orgasm to get it over with. (This could also be a sign of frequent masturbation, which is not unusual.)
They act distant. Your intimacy level goes down.
They won’t touch, kiss or hold you as much.
They don’t say “I love you” as often.
They tell you you are unattractive.
They sleep on the couch instead of with you. It becomes more like they are your roommate instead of your spouse.
It’s tough to get a handle on how many of us are having affairs, given the inherent secrecy.
22 percent of married men have strayed at least once during their married lives.
14 percent of married women have had affairs at least once during their married lives.
Younger people are more likely candidates; in fact, younger women are as likely as younger men to be unfaithful.
70 percent of married women and 54 percent of married men did not know of their spouses’ extramarital activity.
5 percent of married men and 3 percent of married women reported having sex with someone other than their spouse in the 1997.
22 percent of men and 14 percent of women admitted to having sexual relations outside their marriage sometime in their past.
90 percent of Americans believe adultery is morally wrong.
50 percent of Americans say President Clinton’s adultery makes his moral standard “about the same as the average married man,” according to a Time-CNN poll.
61 percent of Americans thought adultery should not be a crime in the United states; 35 percent thought it should; 4 percent had no opinion.
17 percent of divorces in the United States are caused by infidelity.
Some of these signs of cheating are “tongue in cheek” while others are tell-tale signs that commonly appear with a cheating husband or cheating wife.
1) You find birth-control pills in her medicine cabinet, and you’ve had a vasectomy.
2) Mutual friends start acting strangely toward you. (They either know about the cheating or have been told stories about what a horrible wife or girlfriend you are.)
3) Your cheating husband or wife stops confiding in you and seeking advice from you.
4) Sets up a new e-mail account and doesn’t tell you about it.
5) He leaves the house in the morning smelling like Irish Spring and returns in the evening smelling like Safeguard.
6) She joins the gym and begins a rigorous workout program.
7) She buys a cell phone and doesn’t let you know.
8) He sets up a separate cell phone account that is billed to his office.
9) The cheating husband carries condoms, and you are on the pill.
10) Begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID.
11) Deletes all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate.
12) He becomes “accusatory,” asking if you are being true to him, usually out of guilt.
13) Raises hypothetical questions such as, “Do you think it’s possible to love more than one person at a time?”
14) He buys himself new underwear.
15) He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car.
16) The cheating wife stops wearing her wedding ring.
17) Has a sudden desire to be helpful with the laundry.
18) Has unexplained scratches or bruises on his or her neck or back.
19) Suddenly wants to try new love techniques.
20) He/she fairly suddenly stops having sex with you.
21) He/she suddenly wants more sex, more often.
22) Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay stub.
23) Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.
24) You find out by accident he or she took vacation day or personal time off from work – but supposedly worked on those days.
25) Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.
26) Spouse’s co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence.
27) Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance.
28) Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer, especially after you have gone to bed.
29) He throws up a lot because he just ate at his mistress’s house and had to eat the dinner you prepared when he got home.
30) Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, more than previously.
31) His/her clothes smell of an unfamiliar perfume or after-shave. You see lipstick on your husband’s shirt.
32) The amount of money being deposited into your checking account drops off.
33) You find items of intimate apparel or other small gift-type items that you did not give your spouse.
34) Your spouse seems less comfortable around you and is “touchy” and easily moved to anger.
35) You get calls where the caller hangs up when he or she hears your voice.
36) He/she loses attention in the activities in the home.
37) Your intuition (gut feeling) tells you that something is not right.
38) He/she has a definite change in attitude towards everyone in the home.
39) She uses a low voice or whisper on the phone or hangs up quickly.
40) She has a “glow” about her.
41) Atypical erratic behavior.
42) He sneaks out of the house.
43) She sleeps with her purse by the bed
44) She goes to the store for groceries and comes home 5 hours later.
45) He tells you can get hold of him at a different telephone number.
46) He or She comes straight home and takes an immediate shower.
47) Your spouse seems bored. Bored with you, with job, with kids, with hobbies, with life in general.
48) Your spouse seems to want danger or thrills in his/her life.
49) Your spouse deletes the internet history and cookies on the computer to cover his or her tracks.
50) Your spouse is indifferent to family events like birthdays and holidays.
Do You Know What Your Lover Did Behind Your Back Today?
You Don’t Deserve to Be Cheated On so Do something about it!
Ok so which products are best to catch a cheating spouse? It depends on what you are trying to find out. Do you want video evidence, audio evidence or time evidence (ie going to meet the other person, working late, etc…). Many people will use a combination of a GPS Tracker and Voice Recorder (placed on home phone line or in the vehicle) to get the necessary evidence they need. If you suspect your spouse will bring the other person into your bed while your away on business then you only need to go with one of our Covert DVR Cameras.
You already have a gut feeling that something is going on so using our products is just going to help you confirm it.